Friday 7 November 2014

Responsive - Sprung: Poster Design

Below is the poster that they already had designed for the event in December. I really like it but decided to have a go at redesigning it mainly because I wanted to put the logo onto it to tie it into the branding.


I decided to keep with the black and white theme as it suits the genre of music as well as being able to print them out cheaper to stick around to promote the event. The information by itself is very minimal there was a lot of space left so I decided to try and fill the gaps. At first I began using the logo as a pattern up the side to fill up some space. Then I decided it didn't work overly well but that I could still use triangles to create the same effect. 

I wanted the background to be black with white on it as the logo and text has a stronger impact on the black than the other way around. 


I played around with duplicating the triangles and decreasing their size as they went up so it looked like they were falling down originally I had them black triangles with a solid thick white outline but this didn't look quite right so I changed it to a dotted outline at 4pt. The poster suddenly took shape and filled a lot more space. I kept with the font Bebas for the Artists names but changed the information about the location and cost to Helvetica because apart from the fact that the information looked heavy in Bebas it also didn't include pound signs - which is key! For the title of the event I used Blackout 2AM, I personally think it works well with the style of the poster and compliments the other fonts. It would be too heavy and invasive for the artists names but for the event name it draws your eye to it.

They have more names to announce so I duplicated a few of the names to fill the gaps and show what it would look like once other names were in there as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment