Tuesday 25 November 2014

Responsive - Feathr: Designing Wallpaper


I began to play around with creating a triangle out of lines. To do this I drew a basic triangle and then redrew the lines pulling one side in half a centimetre. This then formed the new edge of the triangle. The result of repeating that is shown above. I thought this would be quite a cool pattern to make a wallpaper out of so played around with different affects, patterns and shapes that I could make.

Layered



This was just the layering of several lines of triangles each in a different colour and slightly further to the right than the one before. The out come is horrible to look at and would be a horrible disorientating wallpaper.


Plain


This is my favourite so far - just plain and how it is. Even though its not that adventurous compared to some of the others it is the nicest to have on your wall.

Negatives


This is just a reverse of the one above. I do think it looks cool and interesting but the black would be over whelming on a whole wall and would make the room look a lot smaller.

Pucker And Bloat






I experimented with Pucker and Bloating the pattern on different levels. The Bloat made the patterns look more like surf-y flowers, I quite like this outcome but again it isn't wallpaper.


Gradient




I experimented with adding a gradient to the whole thing and also singular triangles.



This was just adding a gradient to the lines. I quite like this outcome I think it is more subtle and adds depth.

Colour



I tried out adding one colour gradients and also two colour gradients. The one colour gradient works best but I am still struggling to see what it would look like as a whole wall paper.



I also played around with which way the triangles faced. The patter changes on whether they are all clockwise, all anti clockwise or alternate. This is something worth bearing in mind when I experiment with this pattern in the future.


One idea which may work is lowering the thickness of the lines so that the pattern is quite faint and then having it as a backing with some kind of illustration or painting on the top to stand out. This is something I will try.

No comments:

Post a Comment