Sunday 2 November 2014

Responsive - Sprung: Initial Message

I was messaged by a friend who has started up a record label and currently doesn't have any design or branding for it. It is not normally a genre of music that I listen to as it is Techno, but I've seen it as a good opportunity to get out of my comfort zone and dive into a project which I don't know really know much about. Below is a combination of messages he has sent me.
"At the moment, i don't have a logo, i'm just using simple wording saying "Sprung"
What would be nice is a logo that's pretty simple and ideally something that would be possible to turn into a stamp (in the future if i start pressing vinyl records then it'd be good to stamp the logo on them, also for entry stamps in nights that i put on) and i guess the aesthetic of the label is pretty german/bahaus. There's nothing really to convey in the logo, geometric would suit it well I reckon. I'm thinking of printing t shirts in the near future, if you think that's something you'd be able to combine too. Below are some designs I currently like."










What I've taken from the designs he has sent me is that it needs to be a clean, minimalistic and modern style. Focusing around geometric shapes which could form the logo. The fact that there isn't a concept yet is making it hard to form something.  I will definitely think of a concept before I start creating the graphics or else none of it will tie in together. I'm going to research into bauhaus and german design to get a better understanding and grasp of what he wants. I have also noticed that pretty much all the designs he has sent me are in black and white; I'm going to explore some more colourful geometric designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment