Friday 7 November 2014

"A Brief History of...": Creating Page Layout Digitally

I began to create the layout digitally using the original colour scheme and web safe fonts. I started by using Veranda, although I've found it really hard to work with as it doesn't look aesthetically pleasing. Its very hard and harsh, it doesn't scream infographic.



I found it really hard to get the page layout to look right, it looks boring and busy with text which is exactly what I wanted to avoid.



I then decided I would just layout the information and change the colours later.


Looking at the colour scheme I had it fitted Cyprus but it did not fit infographics. It needed to be colourful and eye catching. I also realised that for an infographic it didn't have many graphic or illustrated areas. I wanted to create some of these so that looking at the website it visually told a story and got the points across not just body copy. I want people to get an idea of what happened by just looking at the website before they have to read anything.





With that in mind I began to create a representation of a village which fitted into the shape of the green line (dotted line). Whilst creating this I decided that the colour scheme was too boring. I decided to use brighter photos of Cyprus and pic out some key colours. From this I was able to get a brighter colour scheme which injects it with a bit of life. 












This range of colours gave me more to work with.


No comments:

Post a Comment