Monday 24 November 2014

Responsive - J20: Designing 4 Pack Packaging (Front)

Attempting to redesign the packaging. I added in another colour to the twist, this helps to reinforce the idea that it is a blend of fruit into juices. I found that the dark green background was overwelming so wanted to break it up with a bit of white. Not only does this make the green easier on the eyes but it also compliments having a plain J2O logo. 




I managed to fit the text around the swirls and organised the "orange and passion fruit blended juice" so that it was the second thing you read after the seeing the logo. Having it in orange makes it clear what the flavour is and adding in "blended fruit juice" again helps to reinforce the idea of a blended drink which they strongly want to promote.


I played around with having an orange half of the box and although this did look interesting I decided it wasn't the best option, however it was better than the white which made the packaging look dreary. 


At first I began to play around with a gradient, Orange to green was to harsh and clashed. There was not enough space for it to fade nicely or gradually. I decided instead of trying to fade the colours of the specific juice into the packaging I would fade from light green to dark. This could then be multiplied across all the flavours and keep a base of similarity.




I played around with different levels of gradient, I discovered that the fade should end before the logo so that the negative 2 and O counter would show through onto solid colour, which would make the logo stand out.

I decided to add in the crop marks for the where the bottles would be because I was finding it hard to design in a space which I knew would be cut. Once I put these in I found it a lot easier to position everything. The colours of the fruit and the swirls were then brightened and I also followed suit and added a slight gradient to the swirls so that it wasn't solid colour on a gradient background. Overall I am really pleased with the outcome so far as it has brought some life and colour into an old product. I will now look at creating the back of the packaging working with the same type of theme.


Apple and Mango




Orange and Passion Fruit


No comments:

Post a Comment