Sunday 2 November 2014

Responsive - Sprung: Mock Up Ideas

Researching into Techno music I found The initial take on techno arose from the melding of electronic music with African American music styles, including funkelectroChicago house and electric jazz. I decided that I would take this and turn it into my concept. Focusing on different layers of music all intertwining to for Techno. The first thing I wanted to do before trying to create it on the computer was to experiment with shapes by using pieces of paper. This way I could get an idea of the different layers.










I experimented with a triangle as I felt it would be the easiest shape to reproduce. Once I had created a good idea with paper I decided to digitally mock it up.







I wanted the design to be relatively simple as Caio had made it clear that he wanted it to be used as a stamp both for events and on vinyls. This would range in sizes and obviously a complicated logo wont be recognisable stamped on someones hand as it would smudge. 

I wanted to work with black and white partly because it suits the style of music. Also because of cost, in the way of reproduction it will cost more to have it in colour where as this way mass posters could be printed for cheap and still fit in with the rest of the theme.

My favourite logo so far is the top middle and the negative on its right. It fits the brief best as it would be easily recognisable and works well both in black and white reversed. Babas suits the style as it is simple, clear but bold enough. As well as practically - it is a free font so would be okay for public use.

I think the triangulation of circles look too nuclear, although I like the idea of the overlapping it gives the wrong first impression. However I quite like the circles in a row but feel that the white outlines would interrupt the type especially if screen printed it wouldn't be as clear. Unlike the first design it would not be able to be separated from the type and still be recognisable.

No comments:

Post a Comment