Friday 14 November 2014

Responsive - J20: Digital Experimentation

I took the simplified logo and stripped back all the paint with the aim of using the green in the design as a main colour. The paint, in my opinion worked apart from the fact the green didn't fit in with it. Seeing as that is a large specification of the brief I feel that I should perhaps put it to one side and explore another idea.


I really like the simple composition. The style is definitely suited to a mature audience but again the same issue with the lack of green.


I placed the green in as the background colour and changed the type to white as it had a better contrast with the green. Black on Green just seems to heavy and it clashes, the white makes it feel lighter and is easier to read.




I began to play around with the idea of the two fruits mixing. I showed this through the intertwinning of two strands. However this looks too much like DNA and doesn't really scream mixing. 

Thinking about how it looked like DNA sparked an idea about the make up of J20 and where the name comes from - H20. I decided to create the chemical symbol for H20 but with J's instead of H's.


I then tried to create a pattern out of it which would line the right part of the design. I don't like this outcome. I think it is because the letter J isn't symmetrical so looks odd having the flick at the bottoms not equally spread. 








No comments:

Post a Comment