Thursday 2 October 2014

My Design Process: Research Into Folds

It only seemed logical to research different folds that I liked so that I would get some ideas as well as seeing what could work to show my design process.


Folded Business Card

I tried to follow this fold but the last two lines just didn't make any sense so I stopped. However, I thought the fold idea was cool and could both show my design process and hold a business card which would represent a final piece. I don't know if this fold is entirely appropriate for the project because it isn't a leaflet more of a A4 flyer folded up.



Square Out of Triangles

I really like this design, it is so simple but really effective. Also in the long run production costs wouldn't be too bad as no cutting is involved, even though you would have to fold them all the folds are relatively straightforward. This would reflect my design process as it is straight forward and organised which is like my design process. It also opens up from the middle which is where I used to start with my design process and then just fill in the gaps later on, however last year I trained myself out of the bad habit and since then my work has improved.




3R Design Brochure 

Apart from the colour scheme I really liked the dynamic layout and fold of the leaflet. I like how the images are printed on two separate sheets which open up. Something along this line may work really well for this brief because it would leave a lot of room for information. The different layers would represent how many layers there are to a design process and the break in the images could show how you need to have small breaks away from designing to really succeed.




Me, Myself and Everyone Else in My Life

I really love this fold. It comes in a neat square but reveals a whole neatly designed article. The four corners fold into the design. I think this idea could potentially work with my design process as it could show how the final outcome doesn't show the whole process but it is encased in it.






No comments:

Post a Comment