Wednesday 1 October 2014

My Design Process: My Design Process!!

My Design Process always starts with reading the brief and highlighting main or key things which are imperative to the project.

Once I fully understand the task in hand and what the problem I'm solving is I move on to creating a mind map of initial ideas, good and bad, just so that I have everything down on paper. Sometimes an idea may come from one of the worst ones when I'm not thinking about it so it really helps to have everything written down. I then begin to research into the better ideas or the ones that I believe are strongest.

Whilst researching I try to consider a plethora of things: the target audience e.g. gender, age etc... depending on this will affect the colours and type, even type size I use. I also try to consider financial and practical limitations, it could be the best idea but if I haven't got enough money or time to create it in it will look shoddy.

I then begin to experiment with an idea or two to see what it would look like, normally this is where I discover problems that I had not previously envisaged. From here I get feedback from peers, as a new set of eyes can see a new set of problems or something better which I have missed. I then either go back to research or continue experimenting with the idea pushing it further.

Once I begin creating it I get feedback from crits to check I'm on the right path and continue creating it.

After I have presented it, I like to look back over the project and evaluate it. Deciding what bits went well and what didn't go quite so well, as well as considering what i would improve if I were to redo the project.

So all of that in bullet points:

- Read brief and highlight main points
- Mind map
- Research
- Considerations
- Experiment
- Feedback
- Experiment
- Create
- Present
- Evaluate

Obviously it doesn't work in key chunks but this is a general order which I stick to.

No comments:

Post a Comment