Sunday 12 October 2014

Logostarter: Applying the Logo - Website

I decided that because the website design wasn't amazing that I would create a mock up. This would allow me to firstly show my logo in use as well as looking at how the website could look. 

I first began by looking at other websites based around kids toys so that I could get an idea of layout and running themes. 



Early Learning Centre's layout was neat and clear, everything was divided into the green labels at the top. 


ToysRus however felt very cluttered and jam packed. It seems hard to easily locate things. At the same time it also seems quite plain with a white background and at first glance it looks like a lot of type.


The Toy Shop seemed very eye catching with the red and yellow flash sale. It works well by standing out against their usual blue.



I decided that I would keep the website simple as it is only one product so I wanted to sell the concept just as much as selling the project. I focused on the colours that I had used in my logo. I looked into finding a different font to compliment it but it didn't look right on the main buttons. However I felt it would be more appropriate in body copy. For the title and header text I stuck with VAG Rounded so that it would match the logo.







I wanted to have a drop down menu as it would show an example of what it could look like. I also changed the 'buy' button to an 'examples' button as I felt it was more appropriate since 'buy' would come under support us. On their website they have a set of examples so it seemed right to incorporate this.



Below is the final website outcome with and without the drop down menu. Im happy with how the website looks as it is neater, cleaner and easier to read and navigate compared to the original website. If this was longer than a one week project then I would like to try and get it as a working website.



No comments:

Post a Comment