Friday 3 October 2014

My Design Process: Finishing Leaflet Design and First Test Print

This is my final leaflet design. It comes just under the length of an A1 sheet of paper, which has meant I have been pretty limited with paper stock. I don't want anything textured that would distract from the diagram so have chosen to print on A1 cartridge paper which has held the ink well whilst still being appropriate for the amount of folds I have used.





Above you can see all the different sections of the leaflet.


Printing

Overall it printed okay as you can see below. There are a few things which I need to edit and change, I have also thought of more options to add in later on such as remembering to book a printing slot, doing test prints to show for problems that you might not see on the computer screen - alot of these I fell subject to.







I will take better photos once I have ironed out all the faults and printed the final outcome.

Problems

I discovered a few problems after I had printed.

1. Font size. On the screen the font looked okay, however once printed some of the 6pt is just too small. I thought this might have been an issue. It is mainly where there is colour behind it because it makes the letters features hard to distinguish.


2. The Green Circle. On Indesign I placed crop lines where the folds would be however I forgot to allow the extra space on the beginning left so the circle is out of place.





















3. Adding More Text. Ive also realised there are more things I can add to this - such as test printing before your main design and also booking printing slots. These are both things that I did without thinking about, but realised whilst doing them that I could incorporate it into my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment