Friday 3 October 2014

My Design Process: Beginning to Design Leaflet

I decided it would be best to work with designing the double concertina fold because I had run out of ideas with new folds and how they would work. So instead of sitting around and folding paper I decided this would be more productive - even if I didn't end up using it. 

I began by actually trying to refine the flow chart so that I could get an idea of how long it would be.

Font Choices

I began by using the two fonts: Ostrich Sans Black for my san serif as it was bold and catchy. For the serif i used aleo light which I felt complimented the san-serif without being out of place or being lost.  
I began to play around with the positioning of the type and decided that having it as two lines (above) looked odd, it just didn't fit with the block of the title.


Instead I used the same guide constrictions for the main type. This is much neater and easier to read. The type hierarchy is clear and reads in the correct order. I made the decision to only use the key words in the bold san serif because otherwise it was too heavy and distracting, you couldn't clearly define the main sections.



Colour Choices

Jump to playing around with circles which highlight the main points. I decided to use three main colours - green, pink and blue. Roughly each colour covers a different part of the design process.

Green - Anything to do with understanding the project, asking for external help or feedback.
Pink - Anything to do with behind the designing scenes such as mindmaps, thing to check and consider.
Blue - Everything Creative! 






I then got a bit to into the designing process and forgot to take screenshots as I went along. However, I kept the theme of the circles and used the colours for different areas. One of the main things I wanted to get out of this brief was something that I could use when I get stuck as a guide line. 

I decided to leave it here and then show it in the tutorial and get feedback on whether its an idea I should continue with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment