Monday 13 October 2014

Logostarter: Brief Evaluation

I decided to write my design justifications to my outcome separately which you can find here. It seemed to make more sense to write that after I had designed instead of waiting until after the application on my design.

This project has tested my ability to understand a product and a company and then create a brand which would fully reflect this. I feel that on the whole I have been successful with rebranding KonneKt as I was able to understand what the aim of the company was as well as considering the target audience. This meant the final design was reflective of this.

Looking back over the project I again seemed to work with my first idea and didn't really experiment with other logo ideas. In the future I will try to fully explore all possibilities before settling with one even if I do choose my first idea. However, I feel I can justify my decision to work with my first idea because it was a one week project and time was restricted.

If I had more time I would have liked to look at digitally printing the design onto merchandise. The idea of tote bags and key rings would have made the brand feel more rounded. I would have liked to experiment with working with acrylic, I think the K would look really cool made up of different sheets of acrylic. The layers would show really nicely as well as adding a 3D element.

One thing I was adamant on was to strip back any clinical design. I really wanted it to be child friendly, fun and exciting. On the Kickstarter page Job Jansweijer makes a really valid point  "they're not just sick children but they are mainly children who are playful and explorative" this really stuck out in my mind. This inspired the bright colours and general design of the logo. I wanted it to be aimed at all children and bring some normality into the lives of the children in hospital.

Even taking all of this into consideration I think the project went well, I really enjoyed the fast pace work and having to think about the design restrictions and requirements. I found that it really benefited my final piece having to consider where and how it would be used as it made me think more about colours and type as well as the general composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment