Sunday 12 October 2014

Logostarter: Applying the Logo - Letter Head, Compliment Slip and Business Card

After creating my mock website I decided it would be best to mock up some basic stationary which the company would have to use. I wanted to keep them all within the same theme so that they worked well as a set. 

I've tried to keep the design simple as it would just be used as backing. I wouldn't want it to distract from the text or information that would be put on it. I'm not overly keen on the design of the letterhead and compliment slip so will play around with their designs. I just feel that they look too clunky and the purpose of them isn't clear.


                                                        






I feel like the business card is fully appropriate for its purpose. The colourful type works great and makes the colour in the logo stronger. It feels fun and exciting whilst still being neat and legible. 

I really wanted to keep the front simple and have the information on the back. By using the red it kept it in the same theme. However it does look identical to the Japanese flag so I decided to work with it in green instead. Im still not overly happy with it so will play around with it again.




Changes 

I decided to have another go at redesigning the letter head and the compliment slip. The problems I noticed with the last design was that the type was in grey/black. I purposefully avoided this in my logo so that it stayed fun and appropriate for the target audience of children.
In the last design the type looked odd, so I decided to separate it off with lines either side, this would then give it a clear defined area. Red seemed a bit heavy since the type was also in red so I began to look at having the lines in green to compliment the red and work with the same theme as the logo. 


This looked a lot better but the slogan looked heavy in VAG Rounded so I changed it to News Gothic MT which I had previously used in my website design. This became a lot clearer and easier to read and look at. The line width was also lowered from 4pt to 2pt which gave the type more space to work in.


I then worked with the same principles to redesign my compliment slip which I now feel works a lot better with the other designs and helps to put across the companies brand.



No comments:

Post a Comment