Friday 17 January 2014

Brief 4 - Communicate: Initial Sketches



This was my original mind map of  problems and different ideas that I could run with when it came to communicating my problem.


I decided to run with the idea of a pack or rules to get rid of the problem that people don't know how to play cards correctly. The other aspect I wanted to touch on was that people didn't play cards as much as they used to in the past as people are too reliant on technology. The pack of cards should help increase games being played and also get people off their computers!


This was my first idea of having a rating system so that at first glance a player could tell how easy it is or what not. However stars are not overly appropriate as I encountered; people see stars as a way of rating how good the game is. The game could be very good but easy and with a low rating showing its easy it could be mistaken for being a bad game. In red I figured out a circular guide to portraying the information. It would be easy to read and could be in the same place and size for each card so that you don't have to scan to find it.



Taking forward the idea of the circle rating system I wanted to create a box which would incorporate this idea. I wanted it to have an acetate rectangle which would show through to the cards and show the rating. The box would then describe what each circle meant and could point to the circle through the acetate. However this may not work very well as you can see from my sketches about it is hard to fit all the appropriate information in without cramming it. Perhaps it would be best to have the rating system explained on a separate card.



No comments:

Post a Comment