Tuesday 21 January 2014

Brief 3 - Page Layout: Images

 I found that inserting images didn't look at all pleasing; they distracted from the text and didn't keep in with the theme. Perhaps putting them in black and white or sketching them out would help to keep the colours neutral.




I found that making it black and white like I previously thought didn't help at all. It still looked out of place. I decided that I wanted to look at sketching it so that it would fit in with the tarot card style.


I drew a pile of gambling chips and put a light coat of water over the top of certain areas to achieve this grey shade. I am happy with this outcome as it really suits the pages. It adds a 'home made' element to it which prevents it looking generic. I decided to draw the rest of the images I was going to use and fit them into my page designs. 



Above are the seven drawings that I will use in my work to break up the text and illustrate what the text is talking about.





No comments:

Post a Comment