Saturday 11 January 2014

Brief 3 - Page Layout: Designing the Page

At first not knowing how to use illustrator was a hindrance but after the induction I found I was a lot more confident in set aspects and saw it not as new software but as a way of combining photoshop and illustrator. The page layout had to reflect the card research so I began thinking about symmetry how cards are symmetrical with their pips. The other thing that stood out was the rounded card corners. This began as an on running theme with my initial idea.
Looking into my research of previous card packaging i picked out a nice dark grey and light brown. These meant I branched away from traditional red and blue colours. 

Before the induction I began trying to get my head around the layout in photoshop. At first I was impressed with where the design was going, ignorantly happy with the structure and text. 



I know that images needed to be included into the document so I chose the relevant images of the Queen, King and Jacks nick names. I adjusted the hue and saturation so they were slightly darker to fit in with the tone of the work.

 
However I am not keen on the image as they look out of place. The colours I've are illustrative and the layout doesn't really allow for proper imagery. If these could be illustrated then that would suit the theme and style a lot better because it would keep the two tone simplicity without dragging the attention away.

Experimenting with what colour the text boxes should be to fit in with the whole design. The original white was too plain and looked like boxes had been forgotten about. I soon learnt that all the information should be inline at the top to make for easier reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment