Wednesday 10 December 2014

Study Task 11 - Writing A Project Rationale

  • Purpose/reason for the campaign
  • The purpose of my campaign will be to promote an event celebrating the cultures and traditions of Cyprus. I will do the designs for the festival/event such as posters, tickets, leaflets, flyers etc...


  • Audience & Tone of Voice
  • My target audience isn't limited by age or gender so it will be important that my design is mutual and could be understood by all. For example, I will be careful what fonts I use and what point size I use for an older audience who may struggle. The target audience also affects my tone of voice, because it is such a varied range I am aware that if I decide on a tongue in cheek tone then it may not be appreciated by some or understood. My tone of voice will be formal but friendly so that it makes for easy reading.

  • Message
  • The message and content of my work will vary across my designs. Parts of it will be informal and other parts educational. It will provide details about the event as well as how to navigate around the site.


  • Format
  • I will experiment will different formats for different pieces of design and try to provide a range of 3 or more pieces.

  • Materials
  • I wont use much in the way of materials as the whole design will be digitally created with digital illustrations. This will fit in with the websites infographic style. I want to use a natural coloured card like a cream or antique white because this will be more authentic and organic rather than white and fake. I feel that an organic colour would better reflect Cyprus and the way of life.


  • placement / distribution
  • If the event happened the posters would be given to local businesses to put in windows along with being printed on a lower gsm stock and stuck on billboards.



  • must do's and must not's
  • MUST make the event information clear
    MUST make the purpose of the event clear
    MUST NOT limit colour range


    No comments:

    Post a Comment