Tuesday 9 December 2014

Responsive - Feathr: Evaluation and Design Boards

For this project I created two wallpaper designs. The main one being the geometric design. The fuchsia design only began to take form after I had previously tried layering it over the geometric one. However they work better as two separate designs. The geometrical design was straightforward after I had created the initial triangle, I experimented with how the triangles were positioned and whether they swirled clockwise or anti clockwise but I found it looked best to have all the bottom heavy ones going clockwise and then the top heavy ones going anti clockwise. This produces a wave which interlinked the triangles and the design as a whole. It was time consuming to divide the triangles directly in half so that horizontally the pattern would be continuous. 

I originally painted the fuchsias to overlay the geometric pattern to add colour however this didn't work and I stuck with the pattern alone. I decided that it would be a waste to not use the flowers so I arranged them into a pattern which could be easily repeated. The design works as a wallpaper design because it is not so busy that it makes the room look small. The choice of colour provides a good contrast especially with the white backing which helps to separate the colours and creates depth.

Overall I've really enjoyed this project. It has been challenging to design with a different size canvas. Having to consider that the design will be on a large scale and used in different rooms really affected the design. I wanted it to be neutral so that it would work for the majority of people and also different settings. The geometric design would work best as a focus wall and could be matched with any other colour to compliment it. The size of room that it could be used in varies so I've tried to keep the design interesting but light at the same time so that it didn't clutter the room or make it look smaller.












No comments:

Post a Comment