Monday 29 December 2014

Augmented Design: Creating the Ticket

I wanted to create a ticket which would be given to people upon entry after applying online. The event would be free but people would have to register online for tickets, which they would be given at the gate. I wanted to do it this way because it is nice to have a ticket to take away as a memento but if the event cost I feel that people wouldn't go. Mainly because they wouldn't have an initial interest in the culture so wouldn't want to pay. Where as if it is free then curiosity is more likely to make them go. 

I kept the same colour scheme and fonts as the poster. Specifically Amatic, only one of three I used on my website. I didn't want to use Lobster and Bebas so much, because they are bold and have impact it works well for the website but, especially Bebas, would be very intimidating and formal for this purpose.



I wanted to have a flow throughout the design so played around with the waves coming out of one corner and growing into the diagonally opposite corner.



I tried working with the same patterns that I previously tried for the poster but again these looked to heavy and overcrowded the design. 




I experimented with where I placed the information and what font was used. I didn't want to over Amatic it but at the same time I didn't want to add a font that looked out of place. In the end I followed it around the bottom of the yellow using Helvetica. I previously used this for body copy so it seemed most appropriate.  


Information was added to the left hand side which will be perforated once printed. I still want to tweak so parts of the design such as centralising the type for the ticket so that once it is perforated it is in the centre rather than the far left. I also want to make the type paths of the righting clearer and more in line with the waves of the colours. That said, so far I think the design fits in well with the poster and it is all coming together as an event package.



Finals
These are my final ticket designs. I neatened up the type as well as the coloured waves. I also experimented with the darker colour as I think it is the reason for making the other colours seem darker than the poster, even though they are the same pantone.

I quite like the other designs but am still more inclined to go towards the neater original one. The clear cream one definitely feels lighter and fits in better with the poster, however I'm not sure about the wave cutting through the type. The left tab information looks better on the lighter cream but the dark blue in the top right makes the ticket design top heavy compared to when it i in the bottom corner where it fades more gently into the turquoise. I will ask other people and see what they think before choosing.





No comments:

Post a Comment