Tuesday 2 December 2014

Responsive - Feathr: String Art

String art is characterised by an arrangement of coloured thread strung between points to form abstract geometric patterns or representational designs. After speaking to Danny he commented that my design is very similar to the 70's string art. I have decided to do a bit of research into string art and perhaps edit my colours to fit in the 70's style.

I noticed a lot of gold, oranges and browns were used to create warming geometric patterns. I kept this theme as I experimented with colours in my design.









Creating my own
I used similar colour palettes to the ones above to create this 70s themed version. Initially I found that the colours were too similar and the pattern was not clear with a lighter background, so I made the background bright orange and the pattern white.







I quite like how the pattern works but it is not something I would personally have in my house. However it has been interesting and useful to experiment with the idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment