Friday 12 December 2014

Augmented Design: Cyprus - A Celebration of Culture

I have decided that my event will be called 'Cyprus: A Celebration of Culture' it will be an event held which will sell Cypriot hand made goods, speciality foods and drinks, live music, traditional dancing and theatre. The aim of it will be to bring people together and gain their interest in learning about Cyprus through actually experiencing it. This will be an extension of my website as its purpose was to get people interested in learning about Cyprus, the event will do exactly the same thing but in a funner and more exciting way.

I have begun to research into various designs so that I can try and find a suitable style. The infographic style of the website will not be appropriate for the extensive range of designs I will create.

Possible Designs:
- Booklet - This would include a map showing people around the event as well as little snippets of information.
- Tickets - Certain events or performances you will buy tickets for.
- Lanyards - For staff or guest speakers.
- T-Shirts -  Either to buy to remember the event or for the staff.
- Menus - For the food and drink aspect to inform people what they are buying.

I won't be able to create all of these due to timing restrictions but I will try to create as many as possible. I feel that it is more useful to have them listed as possible ideas that I can refer to throughout the project.


RESEARCH
I have begun to look into design for events to see the range of items they create as well as getting an idea of how they carry the same style across the whole project.





Occupy Wall St
I like the simplicity in colours, this would be cheaper financially as well as it having a strong impact. The colour overlay on the images works well by pulling the images and text together.


UKA 2011
They have managed to create a whole range of products with a continuous strong theme throughout. I think the use of heavy black works well for their design, however this would be too strong for a Cypriot festival as it wouldn't reflect the country or feel like a celebration.


Costa Rica
I love the strong use of colour against the white which follows through all the designs. 





Rhythmen Tanz
I don't usually like design like this but the use of colours and layering of images and textures seems to really work for what it is promoting.




Mock Up Design
I like the use of Lobster and Bebas as these are two fonts I have been working with in my design. The use of colours compliment the layout and fonts. I like how each section is allocated its own colour. This is something I will do when I design.






Leeds Print Festival
I really like the posters designed for Leeds Print Festival. Using coloured paper to print onto is a good idea to save on ink and make it still look vibrant and interesting. 




Blue Moon Festival
I really like these screen printed designs for Blue Moon Festival I think Screen printing would be a really nice idea for this Cyprus 'Festival' because it is more personal and a hands on approach, it doesn't feel mass produced.



Rocking the Daisies
I love this map design, I will refer to this for inspiration when I design my own map as I feel the illustrations would fit nicely in with the style I am going with.



No comments:

Post a Comment