Tuesday 23 December 2014

Augmented Design: Creating the Illustrations

I wasn't sure where to begin with creating all these designs so decided to create the illustrations first as these would be applicable across the range of designs. I was set on my design style so it would follow across from my website infographic. I wanted the designs to be as simplistic as possible so that the information could be easily understood by all at a first glance. 


I was happy with the design of my live music tent as it looks fun and interesting. The food and drink tents I could not get to look right. The other thing I have struggled to get my head around is the view point proportions. I wanted to show a row of food tents but having it so they got smaller into the distance really contradicted the flat graphic illustrations. It also looks weird next to the 2D live music tent as you can see below. 




I came back to the designs and realised that it was very square and boxed off when in fact the tent needed to follow the same structure as the larger tent. Once I changed this the design began to pull itself together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment