Monday 8 December 2014

Responsive - J2O: Printing Box

I decided that I would print a mock up of the 4pack box. I wanted to iron out any flaws before printing the final box. 



The first thing I noticed was how faded the colour looked compared to my computer screen version.I think this is because of my stock choice, I chose to use matt card which probably doesn't reflect or hold the colour as well as a gloss or satin would. I will try printing on different stock next time.


The font I chose to work with for the description was Aleo Light. This was too light. Although it looks good on the screen once printed it is hard to distinguish the letters. I have changed this to Aleo Bold which will print in a thicker, more legible size.



One annoying issue that arose was once the cuts were made the white backing and centre of the card would show through. Especially on rounded corners as I struggled to cut them out with a stanley knife. As it went on I picked up a better method which I will apply to the final design. However the showing white is something that is beyond my control.


Another problem which needs sorting is the end of the designs go too far onto the top of the box. I will edit it and bring it in line with the sides. 

Overall this has been extremely useful in picking out issues that only arise once printed. I will edit them and then reprint to get my final box design.



No comments:

Post a Comment