Friday 5 December 2014

Augmented Design: Research Into Augmented Design

To get a better idea of what I want to do for this project I decided to research into Augmented design in the real world. The main thing that I noticed is that it was used to suggest a physical object in a blank space. This didn't feel overly appropriate for my project as the aim is to get people interested in learning about Cyprus. 

I couldn't really find many examples of it being used in educational setting which I found quite surprising as I thought it would be an excellent way of teaching. One example I found was with a skull where it becomes 3D once the device is held over it. I want to find a way of linking my website to something which could become 3D and help to teach about Cyprus. I am finding it hard to think of something which would link, especially because my website is a 2D flat infographic, I'm not sure how to keep the aesthetic whilst creating a piece of augmented design.






No comments:

Post a Comment