Wednesday 10 December 2014

Augmented Design: Initial Ideas

After speaking to Danny I have come away with some intial ideas which I could use for this project. I could advertise a debate or call for papers which would discuss different issues involving the Cypriot Division. This would give me several pieces of different design to work with such as posters advertising the event, a ticket, lanyards and badges etc...

On a design element I want to use perforation as a main tool over the designs. A perforated line across Cyprus would nicely illustrate the country's division. This could feature in all the designs as the posters could be designed with tabs at the bottom which could be torn off with information about the event on it. The tickets would have a perforated line on anyway but the positioning of the country outline could work with the ticket.

Designing in multiple languages such as Greek and Turkish would add an appropriate design element whilst bringing the two sides together. They could be overprinted. I want to explore different ways of rejoining the design. Much like how a cereal box can be closed after opened, I feel this would be appropriate for my project as it shows the divide of Cyprus when you open it but reuniting it when you close it.

The purpose of my print will be to advertise an event - either a debate or conference about Cyprus. It will be an extension from the website, encouraging people to learn more and then to come and talk or just listen at said event. Now I have got a lot to work with and can begin researching appropriate designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment