Wednesday 25 March 2015

Responsive - Pocketbook: Evaluation

The aim of this brief was to create a whole identity for Pocketbook, a new company starting in Leeds thats aim is to help musicians through every step of creating a song. From the writing, to the production they are there every step of the way. The brief has been challenging. I have never branded a company from scratch before with no previous designs to work from or improve. However I have enjoyed the challenge even when it has been testing.

The concept for the logo came from the idea of a bridge. In music the bridge provides a break from the repetition in the song. There are some really strong links between the bridge and their manifesto. Their company will be different from similar businesses and in that sense provide a break from the repetition. A bridge also symbolises a way of crossing something or getting somewhere, it shows progression. They are the bridge for their customers, by helping them progress and get further in their career. From this concept an interesting and dynamic logo has been created which shows the movement and energy which they have.

Every aspect of the design has the same style running through it. Using the same colours and fonts has helped to strengthen their company branding. The website is well on its way, however lots of bits have had to be left blank due to lack of content. There is a strong theme that consistently runs throughout all of the pages.

The choice of stock has been quite limited, I want to further explore stock choices and find a high quality tactile stock that also represents the business. Ideally the business cards will be printed on a high quality ‘sketchbook’ paper. Using a textured stock will reinforce the idea of a pocketbook where the paper has is a good quality and nice to touch. I will then be able to print a range of designs onto the paper including the business cards and letterheads.

I am not currently happy with the outcomes, I feel that the current design isn't my strongest work. However I think that is because I am viewing this deadline as the end result when actually I will be continuing this project after the hand in. As the project progresses so will the outcome of the work. I will continue to blog the external work as a continuation of this brief. I could have finished the project before the deadline hand in if I had all the website content. However there have been delays which are out of my control. Considering this, the work that has been produced shows a clear design structure and using a bit of imagination you can get an idea of what it would look like. I am excited to continue this project and get it up to a standard that I am happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment