Saturday 14 March 2015

Collaborative Practice - Save The Children: World Poster

I have begun to design another poster to work alongside the 'Launch your child's future' poster. This time I wanted to play around with the statement "open up a world full of opportunities" using the illustration of the world. I have experimented with several layouts.


I wanted the attention to be on 'world' and 'opportunities' as these were the main words to get across to the audience.



Having the whole world on show works in favour for the design as it contrasts nicely against the dark background. The red text stands out and draws your eye in.


The text curved nicely around the circumference of the Earth However it left a lot of blank space either side.


The text looks crammed in the middle and then empty either side, the balance is off and the design just looks odd.




I expanded on the idea of having the text around the world and tried to write it all out instead of just the main part. Now it is two text heavy, the whole design looks crammed and is uncomfortable to read as your eye jumps around the page looking at different words in the wrong order.


Even by adding a moon to fill the gap just made it look heavier and busier.


I decided to go back to the type layout before and focus on getting the Earth to work around that. Having it fully on show doesn't seem to work with this type anymore as it is lost in the background.


By having the text on one side this works better fitting around the Earth.




I experimented with adding the rocket to the poster to try and fill the gap. However it just leads your eye off the page rather than focusing it on the important information.

I am currently unsure about the future for this poster, no matter how I arrange the layout it doesn't seem to work or be appropriate. I will speak to Ness and see if she can solve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment