Monday 16 March 2015

Responsive - Food In The Loop: Areas To Research

I want to create a poster campaign range all aimed at being more sustainable when it comes to food. There are a few areas I want to target so I will create posters for these and could perhaps also create a book which would work alongside explaining the issues in greater detail. At the moment I want to primarily focus on what individuals can do or can change. Although I think it is also key to highlight what is wrong with the industry.

One area I am keen to target is wasting less food. I think this is quite a big issue and it is something that people can individually play an active roll in stopping. With the average UK household still throwing away the equivalent of six meals every week a lot of food could be saved or put to good use. Food is a valuable resource and yet in the UK around 15 million tonnes of food is thrown away every year. Almost 50% of this comes from our homes. I have found a really good range of illustrations explaining the facts about food waste on the Love Food, Hate Waste Website. I didn't realise how much the average family throws out or how much money they are wasting by throwing away so much food. Shocking facts like this would be enough to catch peoples attention and make them realise how bad it is and that they can stop it.



Another key area I want to push is the promotion of local foods as well as growing food yourself. By growing your own food or even just by buying from the local market you are supporting local business'. It also means your food doesn't have thousands of miles before it reaches you.


No comments:

Post a Comment