Sunday 4 January 2015

Augmented Design: Creating the Cover

I wanted the cover to be relatively illustrative to fit in with the rest of the design. I didn't want it to be overly complicated as there was no need for it to be. I created a template for how the slot would work and then began designing from there. 



I quite liked the bottom illustrations but couldn't get the top Cyprus to fit in with it.


I wanted to experiment with using a path but this would become overly complicated with the fold as  part of the design would be cut out.


Experimenting with having the guide at the bottom didn't work any better.





I quite liked the idea of introducing a swirl similar to the ticket idea. This didn't really work over the two separate sheets. 



I decided to have a break from designing the cover as it didn't seem to be going anywhere and go back to the leaflet. As it currently stood it was A1 size, I wanted to get it down to A2 so that it got rid of unnecessary space. I have still kept all the same information apart from the quote which I removed because it couldn't comfortably fit. This also allowed me to get it to the right size to fold. 





I've decided against having the leaflet cover joined at each end of the leaflet. This has become too tricky and complicated and with the current time restrictions it is not going to be possible. The design does not separate nicely into two halves so instead I will design a slip for the leaflet to sit in. This will also give me more space to give more information about traditions and a general overview about Cyprus which will make it look more like an information pack which would be received on entry to the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment