Wednesday 14 January 2015

Product, Range and Distribution: Research into News

After the tragic events that have happened in France this week revolving around the Charlie Hebdo magazine I have decided to choose my issue from this. I won't focus on the magazine or what has actually happened but instead the restrictions and changes in law that are now wanted in both the USA and UK because of it.

With a threat of a terror attack both America and the United Kingdom have called for stricter surveillance of the public. David Cameron has even called for encrypted software to be monitored. 

However it is not surprising that they have called for a tightening in cyber security after the twitter account of the US military command was hacked and posted content claiming to support the Islamic state. The recent cyber attack on Sony has also given the governments good reason to bring in new stricter laws. 

I am interested in creating my project around the theme of surveillance. Currently I feel that all of this is a bit excessive and will lead to a bigger invasion of privacy. However I am interested to see if my view on it changes or gets stronger with the more I find out.


Obama makes push for stronger cyber security lawshttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-30807463

Can the government ban encryption?http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-30807463

Freedom of expression’ anti-snooping campaign launched over Ripa changes

US Centcom Twitter account hacked by pro-IS group

Sony cyber-attack: North Korea calls US sanctions hostile

No comments:

Post a Comment