Sunday 9 March 2014

Brief 3 - Screen Print (Poster): Beginning to Create a Poster

At first I began by going back to that iconic image of him standing under the bridge. I recreated a silhouette outline which I could then use. I found that the figure looks like he should be overlooking a city; trying to protect it. The film was set and based in Philadelphia so I created a city outline to reflect this.




I played around with flipping the positives and negatives and also dropped in a silhouette of Elijah.


Because of the use of the colour purple when it came to showing Elijah I wanted to involve this to show the divide on each side. This would represent how they viewed the city differently and were on seperate sides - good vs evil. I felt like the black one above made them look like they were fighting together.


Dividing the sky so half was purple didn't quite look right because the black was still predominant. However splitting the page 50/50 didn't seem to work either. 



I then began to experiment with using the purple to split the page but keep the whole piece black. I played around with a line and also a  range of zig zags.



On an off chance I changed the sky colour to purple and actually really liked it. It also meant when I added a city divide in the middle it didn't affect the top text.






Playing around with a tear through the city like ripped paper. I quite liked this because it made the city in two halves as well as implying it was breakable. The block of black at the bottom also left more room for text and information about the film.














No comments:

Post a Comment