Wednesday 18 February 2015

Responsive - Pocketbook: Mind Map


I have mind mapped the main points that I could think of relevant to each section of the business. I have decided that I don't want the logo to be something obvious. Most music companies have a visual of an instrument or something obvious, I think this is why I have been struggling to design a logo.

I have also written out the unique selling points of their company. By doing this I have been able to find more subtle representations for their company which have the potential to look intriguing.

The main points that stand out to me is how both separate aspects that they both bring are different but equally important and needed for the business to work. A knot could be a nice visual to represent this strong relationship. Knots also pull everything together and secure it, their company can be seen to do this by bringing loads of ideas together and securing them in a successful song.

Another point would be how hands on and personal their company is. It is getting away from the machine style business which so many similar companies are. I think this is a really unique selling point and could be nicely supported if the work that is created has a hand rendered element, something that shows love and care has gone into it; reflecting their company. This could be as simple as screenprinting.

Whilst mind mapping ideas for the song writing section one part really stood out to me and that was the bridge. A bridge in a song provides a break from the repetition; its normally different from the rest of the song. This concept would brilliantly illustrate their company; a break from the rest, something new and different, something more personal.

I will research further into both the knot and the bridge idea as I think they both have the potential to work as an logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment