Tuesday 21 April 2015

Covered: Choosing a Philosopher

I am really excited for this brief, I really enjoy philosophy and I can pick a philosopher who interests me.

At the moment I am debating between Kant and Nietzsche. I can't say that I believe or follow Kant's moral philosophy, however it raises some interesting points. Kant's deontological philosophy involving the categorical imperative provides visual analogies which would form a good book cover. Nietzsche also has some interesting theories especially to do with religion that could make an interesting and thought provoking book cover.

After debating between which philosopher to choose, I have decided to focus on Nietzsche. I have chosen Nietzsche over Kant because although I find Kant's theories interesting I believe Nietzsche will be more of a challenge. His book, Beyond Good and Evil, is dense and a heavy read. The first time I read it I really struggled to grasp it straight off, having to slowly read it and really consider what the message was made me appreciate the book a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment