Friday 21 February 2014

Brief 2- Communication is a Virus: Rough Idea




I found inspiriation for type in this museum sign at the entrance. I knew I wanted to create some kind of type or logo which looked like folded paper so decided to work with this idea for the mean time to show on thursday to get a better idea of what I am trying to show. 




I also used a rough and simple sketch plan found on google. If we do go ahead with this idea then the vector images will be made ourselves, but for the point of the demonstration this worked fine.



This was my final title which shows the word origami made out of folded paper. I felt that anymore text would be too heavy and hard to read, but for a title in worked perfectly.






I originally had the idea to fit the instructions on the bottom half of an A4 sheet of paper and leave the square for origami. The group though that this was a good idea and  I went away and designed this.

The idea behind this was that the line between the square and instructions would be perforated so that it could be torn off.  The colour scheme is black and white, this fits in with the briefs limitations but also allows us to print many copies as a black and white print is only 2p. This would allow me to print 50 copies for a pound. If each of us did that we would have 300 copies which we could give out to everyone. 

The original plan was that different designs would feature on the sheet. So there would perhaps be a collection of 5 or 10 with some on our website. However when designing this I began to realise it is harder than I thought to get all the information onto the bottom part and still have it legible. The swan was one of the easiest, so we couldn’t go much more complicated or else it would affect the layout and readability. I also need to remember that the twitter and web address needs to be on the bottom of the page but this wouldn’t be too hard to add in.

No comments:

Post a Comment