Saturday 8 February 2014

Brief 1 - Design is About Doing: Rose Development of Idea


I decided to develop the rose and hand painting further and began to look at how they could work together. I wanted to give the impression that the hand was dropping the rose down.


These were the sketches scanned in initially, however I felt they were too light so I began playing around with the curve levels to make it darker and stronger.




I did the same with the rose so the contrast shows. I then decided to play around with the positioning of the hand and rose to get the most affective outcome. 



I liked the idea of it being vertical however I didn't like the end of the rose showing because I didn't think this looked overly good like it has ended too quickly. 



Here I don't think enough of the hand shows because it is hard to understand that it is a hand that has lost grip. I feel there is too much white space, which may be okay if we could use type but since that is out of the question it makes it a lot harder to fill. 



Here I think the rose is too big, it is unrealistic sizing compared to the hand and everything looking out of proportion takes away from what it is trying to show. However I do like it with a frame around (as shown below).



Here I've made the rose smaller and the hand more in the picture. I think this is the final one I shall present at the crit to get feedback and then work on it from there. 





No comments:

Post a Comment