Saturday 8 February 2014

Brief 1 - Design is About Doing: Pool Table Idea Photoshoot

One of my ideas was having a close up of a pool table with all the movement of the balls being shown to suggest that they are at the pub playing a lot and also that he is always drunk with the unclear images. This idea was a lot harder than I thought it would be, I really struggled to get the aperture and shutter speed  right, and a lot of the photos let in too much light so they were white. Below shows the photos I ended up with. Although they haven't turned out how I wanted them it was still a good experimentation and some of them may be rescued and still used! From this I've learnt that I need to learn more about cameras so that I can get decent photos and really try to transform my ideas from sketches to reality.





This was a good example of the aperture being to high, it let too much light in and I struggled to get the photos to take of the table. 



After a lot of white photos this one was a great saviour (even though its not great) it meant I got a better grasp of what I was trying to do.




I quite liked the movement shown in this one and I will try to develop it, at the moment I think the saturation is too high and the colours are clashing which doesn't make it pleasant to look at.








This is a good example of having too many balls in the small space, it is over crowding and unpleasant to look at. 



I liked the end of the table showing so will try to crop it to remove the background. I think this image could potentially be quite strong as the stillness can suggest the game isn't going anywhere like his life.


The movement of this piece makes me think of drunk vision which seems quite fitting since it is meant to be set in a pub. 











Overall I don't think the photo shoot was that successful because it didn't turn out how I expected it to. One the other hand I've learnt a lot about photography and how I need to improve and keep practicing to get better . 

No comments:

Post a Comment