Tuesday 4 February 2014

Brief 1 - Design is About Doing: Rose Photoshoot

These are a few (of many) photos I have taken today looking at the Rose Idea. I wanted to start with it earlier so that I could get photos of it dying in time for the closing date, I also was conscious that cameras may book up so I wanted to get in there quickly. When it came to taking the right photo, I found it a lot harder than I thought it would have been. In my head at first I wanted the rose to be up right so you see the side of the flower as it wilts; but standing it up didn't work out well. I experimented with showing the stem and the leaves to give the impression that it is lying down like it had been placed on the grave or has been chucked down by his wife. 

Whether I took the photo portrait or landscape it didn't matter because it would be cropped into a 7 by 7 square. I stuck with working with landscape because it was easier with the camera. One problem I found was leaving enough white space around the flower so that the flower didn't overwhelm the page but not having too much white space so that it faded. 
















Below are my favourite images from the photo shoot as I feel they tick all the boxes. They are central enough and the space around them helps to compliment the rose. You can see enough of the leaves and detailing to know it is a rose lying down and the focus is on the flower so the leaves are blurred into the background; they help to give it context without distracting from it like some of the photos did.









No comments:

Post a Comment