Wednesday 5 February 2014

Brief 1 - Design is About Doing: Working on Design Eight (Missing Person)


My eighth idea is one I quite like. The idea was to have a simple outline of people on the album cover but have the middle one missing. This represents Brian Glancy missing from their lives. In an idea world it would be laser cut out so that the middle person goes through to the album. However because I didn't buy a pack I cant physically do this. I may create this in my own time to see how it would have looked; I feel it would be a lot stronger contender if I could have the middle section cut out. I decided to work with greys because apart from it being neutral it is a deep and almost depressing colour which highlights the depth to the song and the seriousness of alcoholism to which he is suffering. The people could also represent other parts of him and a big part is missing which explains why the relationship with his wife is lacking and he is stuck in a rut. 

Below shows firstly the screen shot so you can see what it would look like without the middle person and then secondly the PNG file. I think if it were possible this album would look good screen printed and as it would allow the colours to look richer and would add a different texture to it.





No comments:

Post a Comment