Saturday 8 February 2014

Brief 1 - Design is About Doing: Rose Sketches (Paintings and Drawings)


I began to experiment around with paints and drawing it out. Below shows the step by step to drawing and painting the rose. 


I firstly drew a rough sketch of the outline so that I had something to work with, something that gave me guidelines to stick to.



I then added darker colour the edges. This is normally a backwards way of working since with watercolour the lighter colours should be added first. However it meant I could just have water on my brush and drag the colour out from the heavier bits as seen below.





I removed some of the heavier colour by using a clean brush and just rubbing the colour off. This meant that it didn't leave a white page but just a lighter tone of the rose colour.



I wanted the paint to drip down the page to almost give the impression it was bleeding and dying.







I used a selection of waterproof pens afterwards to get some shape definition because all the colours had merged together.





After I drew the lines I then added a darker colour of paint to build it up tonally and define each section.





No comments:

Post a Comment