Tuesday 5 May 2015

Product, Range and Distribution - Part 2: T-shirts

To support the campaign, T-shirts have been designed and screen printed. The two different designs work with the triangular design already created. Two of my housemates kindly modelled the T-shirts for me. Below are a few of the pictures that were taken.





Whilst creating the T-shirts there was a never ending list of things that kept going wrong. Firstly the screens were not exposed for long enough so the first days work went down the drain. Then when the screens were okay glue was melted onto the back of top design which was annoying. Next a guy printed on my T-shirt by mistake, which was another annoying problem as he didn't have the T-shirt size I originally had. Then when the design was printed the ink didn't fill the whole design, this left the top part of the triangle very faint. Screenprinting onto material means that it is very hard to realign, this has caused the design to be slightly blurred and has created an overlapping between the two prints. All in all screenprinting was stressful and a lot did go wrong, however it has been a learning curve and I am glad I did it. Even thought the prints aren't perfect they are still usable and primary research shows that the designs would sell. Ideally I would like to screenprint again, however I don't have the time and it would be foolish to waste it getting one aspect perfect when there is so much else left to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment