Saturday 5 April 2014

Brief 4 - Speaking from Experience: Playing with Layout

I decided to strip it all back and just focus on the colour green. I wanted to keep the layout of the type for now but will experiment with moving it around later. From here I began looking at colour and how it worked involving the background.




White on green works equally well and breaks it up. However it still seems plain. "Crit Happens" has an impact and in your face and the layout is not. 

Green on black seems a bit garish and strong tonally, it doesn't seem to work.


The colours above work however I think it looks a bit like the yorkshire tea box (not too sure why)


The grey is just awful with the green the colours are two similar tonally and it is hard to read the words on it. It has the opposite affect that I wanted because it needed to stand out and be clear.




I don't know whether green as a full block background colour is too strong it may really detract attention or highlight the point of the booklet. Either way I experimented with it in positive and negative.



The white on green is stronger but the green on white fits better with the page layouts, however the bottom blurb is hard to read in green and looks better in the first example. 

Why are crits useful. I began to play with the layout and split it into two columns. The body copy works a lot better like this and is easier to read. It has really broken it up, the white background is fresh and compliments the green compared to the grey I had tried previously.


Green subheadings really help to break the text up and allows the reader to pick and choose what is relevant to them and read.






No comments:

Post a Comment