Friday 4 April 2014

Brief 4 - Speaking from Experience: Playing with Layout

I began looking at rough colours and ideas for the idea. I decided to go with Futura as a font because it was clear and legible even in capitals. It is bold and straight to the point, I feel that it really in forces the concept of "crit happens".




Quite like the three colour scheme.


I thought the black was two heavy underneath the title so I wanted to play around with other colours.



It highlights the right things but the red is hard to read on the grey when it is so thin - the letters just blend together.



I think this works best as the black isn't as heavy to look at.


I wanted to experiment with the same colours but in different orders. 
The red as a background is quit attention grabbing and shocking.



Grey text looks smoother on the black but the white on black is a lot stronger.



Narrowing down the red makes it easier to look at but I do not prefer this over the red and grey background ones.

I went back to my original design and played around with designing two pages in this style.



Both layouts just look dreadful they look too heavy and not enticing to read. The grey background makes it more dreary and dull. The page above has no clear heading so it is confusing where to read or what the page is about as the subheadings are the same size. One paragraph of text may be too big, I'll look into breaking it down into smaller more readable sections. The font is also too heavy it looks like it is in bold and would be more appropriate for a subheading or title than body copy.




No comments:

Post a Comment