Tuesday 15 April 2014

Brief 4 - Speaking from Experience: Revisiting Layout

I quite liked how the poster turned out so began to look at changing the hotdog books layout. Since the majority of the content was there it meant I could really focus on just the layout although I have had to expand on some parts and also need to change other areas.



I stuck with the circle theme and the same typefaces and created this. As a front cover I think it does everything it needs to; it gets the point across whilst the colours are friendly but pull you in making the content more interesting to read.


I looked at continuing the circles but found that no matter where I placed them they looked odd. The pages are too small and the circles make them look overly cramped.



I then decided to play around with the title in the style of the front page and found this works quite well as it leaves a good amount of space for a general sum up.


However the lack of information really made the page look bare. When the information was spread out the gaps looked too big. 


I decided to go into a bit more detail and fill the page. This was the outcome.




I then began to apply the same principles to the other pages.





With the types of crit page I found there was a lot of information with little space, I did it over two pages but still need to think of another type of crit to fill a gap.





The pages have come out well and look a lot better than previously. The text is in a more interesting layout and the colours and fonts are more age appropriate for the first years. The use of lines helps to break up heavy text and also divide it into different sections.


No comments:

Post a Comment