Tuesday 22 April 2014

Brief 4 - Speaking From Experience: Interim Crit

The interim crit went well for this project. I showed the work I had created along with 2 design boards (shown below) as well as my hotdog fold.




In a small group we discussed the concept behind the idea and the overall feedback was positive. A few issues came up with the type setting; these have now been altered. One of the issues I struggled with was what to call the types of crit. They have now been changed to shorted names. The second thing I asked about was the poster. I was unsure on the type layout and whether it needed that extra paragraph to explain and where to put it. However a good point was raised that the poster will be folded a lot so it needs to be as simple as possible as the folds will ruin the writing. After the crit I experimented with the type at the bottom but in the end I decided to get rid of the paragraph and have the exclamation mark more in the centre.



Final Poster Design

The final poster is simplistic but gets across the key aspects as well as tying in the theme used throughout the book. 

Another point which was raised in the crit was looking at printing onto cartridge paper this would stop the ink from cracking around the folds, I will explore this as an option when I look into digital printing. For now I will print one but nearer to the time I will print 10. I feel this is a good number to show around to the first years, printing one each would be too much cost as well as the amount of stuff that freshers receive I feel like it would most likely be chucked.


No comments:

Post a Comment