Friday 11 April 2014

Brief 4 - Speaking from Experience: Playing Poster with Layout


I decided I wanted to look at changing the colour scheme (Again) I played around with the blue/green as I thought it was bright and not hard to look at. White was too strong on the green so I looked at the cream you can see in the circle. The colours are friendly and take away the daunting fear of crits.
 I looked at continuing with futura as a font but it really didn't work even when I made the happens smaller it just looked odd.



I thought I would experiment with Gill Sans and as I think this would work for body copy It isn't in your face enough for such a strong title.




I came across 2 new fonts. The top one is Langdon it is bold but with the outline on the bottom left it adds just enough detail to bulk the type up and make it in your face, it now fits with what its trying to show. The second bottom font is Baba's it is bold and capitals, again really helping to helping to reinforce the tone of voice of 'crit happens'.



I began to look at having all the key information in a box as reminders so that the first years could use it as a poster. I noticed it looked like an upside down exclamation mark and decided to flip it so that the title was in the bottom part of the page.



I put the main sections I covered in my leaflet on the poster and used that type, however I found that this is so type heavy for a poster so played around with how type would look in strips (BELOW) however I really dont think this works either. The line length is too long and it is still really text heavy and hard to look at. 





I then began to realise the poster could just reinforce the booklet rather than re write it all as the definitions would be on the back! I looked at just making the exclamation mark bigger and central. I quite like how this works the colours balance out well and it would be enough to remind you what you need to take to a crit etc...


I played around with the angle as I thought it would be good to experiment and perhaps have a paragraph in there.




Overall this is a lot better as a poster compared to my original idea which was information heavy it is legible and easy to look at. I will look at redesigning my booklet to fit this style and see how that works.





No comments:

Post a Comment